January 5, 2015
Please take a moment to read the following to learn more about our information practices, including what type of information is gathered, how the information is used and for what purposes, to whom we disclose the information, and how we safeguard your personal information.
User access to the Site and Services (as defined below) is void and unauthorized where prohibited by applicable law or regulation.
Description of the Site. Causora provides a proprietary technology to offer cause-marketing solutions to our clients, which includes working with brands and advertisers to deliver their advertising campaigns across our network and website www.CharityImpactCard.com
Our website CharityImpactCard.com allows users to enter and redeem an ecode that they can receive directly on the site by purchasing a Charity Impact Card or through brands and advertisers that are giving out these ecodes. Once entered, users can see where, how and what charitable impact they have made.
Except as otherwise provided herein, usage of the Services does not require registration of an Account. In order to have access to certain features of the Site, however, you may be required to create an Account. In particular, the donation and redemption of an ecode on the website CharityImpactCard.com might require the registration of an Account. You may never use someone else’s Account. When creating an Account with the Site, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself ("Registration Data") as prompted by our registration form. Registration Data may include your e-mail address, password, shipping address, credit card information, age and gender. You also represent that we may rely on your Registration Data as accurate, current and complete. You agree to maintain and update your Registration Data to keep it accurate, current and complete. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to terminate your Account for inaccurate, untrue, deceptive and/or incomplete Registration Data.
Users of the Apps and Site may, where and if available, submit any photograph(s), video(s), image(s), text, rating, opinions and/or comment(s) or other content to the Apps and Site (“Submissions”).
1. What information does the Site collect?
(b) PII collected from non-Registered Users of the Site. Users of the Site may choose to browse, search and examine any information or Submissions available on the Site without registering with the Site or setting up an Account. When you visit our Site as a non-registered User, we collect only information you provide or submit to the Site directly, information you send to us by email, information and messages you send or post through our accounts on third party social networks (such as Facebook, YouTube or Twitter), comments you provide or information or messages you send through any phone, SMS or mobile services we may provide. The foregoing statement not withstanding, our servers may recognize and collect non-registered Users’ domain names, IP addresses and any information on pages visited.
(c) PII collected from Registered Users on the Site. In order to have access to some features available on the Site, a User may register and setup an account (“Account”). In particular, donating and redeeming Causora credits requires the registration of an Account. We may ask for and collect some PII when you create an Account, including, but not limited to your name, e-mail address, password, gender, credit card information and shipping address. We may also collect such PII as you age, demographic information, pictures and socioeconomic status. Once you become a registered User, we collect a variety of information and PII depending on the Services you use or engage in such as information on Products you redeem.
(d) Content Uploaded to the Site. Any PII or Submissions that you voluntarily disclose online (for example, PII contained in your comments, messages or profile pages, if any) is collected by us. In addition, any such information that may become publicly available and can then be collected, viewed and used by third parties.
(e) Usage Information collected from Users of the Site. We may collect information about your usage of the Site, such as the Submissions you make or read, the information you review, the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in the Site. If you are logged in we may associate this information with your Account.
(f) Surveys & Newsletters. From time-to-time, Causora may provide you the opportunity to participate in promotions or surveys through the Website or through email. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys or promotions is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code and gender). We use this information to notify and award promotion winners, to monitor Website traffic, personalize the Website and Program and to send participants email newsletters. We may use third party service Donors to conduct these surveys or promotions. We will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
(g) Click-Through URLs. In some of our email or text messages we may use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Site or Apps. When Users click one of these URLs, they pass through our servers before arriving at the destination web page. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our communications.
2. How do we use the information you provide us? We use your PII such as your name, address, and e-mail address in order to provide you with the Services, and to potentially serve you with advertising while using the Site. As you use additional features on the Website or otherwise participate in the Program, we may collect any additional information you choose to provide in order to facilitate the operation of these features on the Website or your participation in the Program.
• We may share information collected including your PII with our agents, nonprofit partners, representatives, contractors and service partners so they can provide us with support services such as authorization of credit card transactions, e-mail origination, support services, customer relationship management services and order fulfillment.
• The user name you create or email address your provide during registration may be displayed to other Users when you provide Submissions such as commenting and other Users can contact you through comments, blogs, chat, or forums. Any Submission that you provide through the Site or Apps may be redistributed through the Internet to other websites and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public. For example:
i. We may post on the Site, Facebook, Twitter or another third party website that you are supporting a particular cause;
ii. We may post on the Site, Facebook, Twitter or another third party website that you are engaged in one of the Services provided;
iii. We may post your comments on a Service on the Site, Facebook, Twitter or another third party website.
• Marketing by Us: Unless you opt-out, we may use your e-mail or other PII to send you commercial or marketing messages without your further consent. Be advised that we use your e-mail address, cell phone number and other contact information provided by you to contact you regarding the Services you engage in, your redemption for Products and your Submissions. We may also use your e-mail address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Site or Apps changes or customer service purposes).
• Marketing by Nonprofit Partners (causes): When providing and purchasing a service with the Site, you grant Causora the permission to share your name and email with the nonprofit partner that you are donating to. These nonprofit partners may in their sole discretion contact you with information messages without your further consent.
• Marketing by Third Parties: When registering an Account with the Site or at any point thereafter, you will be prompted for approval, consent or opt-in to permit us to share your PII with third party marketers.
• Opt-Out: You may opt-out at any time by changing your preferences. Your preferences can be changed by editing your profile online or sending a request to info@Causora.com
• We use both your PII and certain non-PII (such as anonymous user data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Site and Apps as well as to create new Services, features, promotions and functionality by storing, tracking, analyzing and processing User preferences and trends, as well as User activity and communications.
• We use information collected during submission of Surveys and signups for newsletters to send both the information as requested and additional information about Causora, the Apps or Site. Further, the information collected, including any demographics, is used to learn more about the types of people who visit our Site, use the Apps and engage our Services.
If any financial information is collected it will be used to bill you for donations made on the Site or Apps. If you used a credit card to make a donation on the Site or Apps, your credit card information may be subject to verification by the issuing credit card company or other third party company. Unless you give us permission at the time such information is collected, this information will not be used for any purpose except for the fulfillment and record keeping of current and future transactions.
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may choose various third party web sites to link to, and/or frame within the Site. We also may participate in co-branding and other relationships to offer e-commerce and other services and features to our Users. However, even if the third party is affiliated with us, we have no control over these linked sites, each of which has separate privacy and data collection practices independent of us. We encourage you to read the policies of these third party websites. By purchasing, or registering or making reservations for, products or services offered or sponsored by third parties or advertisers through third party links on the Site, or electing to receive communications (such as e-mails) or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other programs, offered or sponsored by third parties on the Site or Apps, you consent to our providing your PII to those third parties. Data collected by our co-brand partners or third party websites (even if offered on or through our Site or Apps) may not be received by us. As such, we have no responsibility or liability for the independent policies or actions of third parties, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any such web sites. These linked sites are only for your convenience and you therefore access any third party website at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site, Apps and Services and the links placed upon each of them and therefore request any feedback on not only the Site, Apps or Services, but also on third party websites we link to as well.
Further, any linking with any other web site is neither an endorsement of that site nor any of the products or services that may be offered on that site.
Note: Your PII or financial information may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets of Causora or a bankruptcy. We may also disclose PII or financial information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law, to cooperate with law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of Causora or other Users of the Site or Apps. Whenever PII or financial information is disclosed under this paragraph, we may also disclose your demographic information on a non-anonymous basis.
4. How does Causora Protect Users Personal Information? We implement a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your PII on our systems. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third parties may unlawfully attempt to intercept or access transmissions or private communications and other Users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site or Apps. Although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
5. Individuals under 13 years of age.
Pursuant to the provisions of the 1998 Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), our policy is to refuse individuals 13 years of age or under to submit information to the Site or Apps or to use the Services. We therefore do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals 13 years of age or under.
The Site is intended to be used by adults. It is not intended for children, and Causora does not want to collect any personal information for persons who are under the age of 13. Causora recommends that parents do not post, or permit others to post, any personally identifiable information with respect to persons under the age of 13. If you believe that we have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com
We may store your user or login ID to recognize you every time you return to the Site or Apps. We may also use third-party advertising technology to serve ads when you visit the Site, Apps and other sites upon which we advertise. This technology uses information about your visits to the Site, Apps and the other sites upon which we advertise, (not including your name, address, or other personal information), to serve our ads to you. In the course of serving our advertisements to you, a unique third-party cookie may be placed or recognized on your browser. In addition, we may use web beacons, provided by our ad serving partner, to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable our ad server to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits this Site and to learn which banner ads bring users to our Site.
7. How do you change PII provided or OPT-OUT? Causora gives registered Users an option for modifying or removing their information from our database. To update, modify or delete the information that we have on file for you edit your online account profile or contact us at info@Causora.com . We will comply with your requests as reasonably as we can. Please note that we require some PII for billing or Product redemption purposes. If you wish to delete your name, e-mail address, billing information or mailing address you may be required to terminate your Account and suspend any redemption of Products. However, please note, that while you may remove your PII from the Site at any time, you acknowledge that we may retain archived or cached copies of your PII.
9. Disclosure of non-personally identifiable data. Causora reserves the right to disclose information that does not directly identify you, for example, aggregated or anonymized data, for educational, informational or promotional purposes in furtherance of Causora’s mission.